FYI – This info went home with the parent letter.
Dear Lion Families,
We want to thank you for your ongoing support during this challenging time.
We are constantly checking in with district, CDC (Centers of Disease Control), County Office of Education for current updates on best practices to keep our learning community safe.
Here is what we are doing as a school:
- Canceling ALL volunteers/guests coming on campus during school hours as a precaution starting FRIDAY March 13, 2020.
- All students in classrooms washing hands as needed (all rooms have sinks).
- Students wash hands before eating
- Postponing all large assemblies including SCIENCE ASSEMBLY for next week.
- Grade levels are working together to proactively plan for possible at home learning.
- All students and staff with respiratory concerns, fever, coughing, sneezing, runny nose, and/or sore throat are asked to stay home to prevent spreading any unnecessary germs.
- Students who typically have coughs from underlying, known documented diseases (like asthma, allergies) may remain if there is NO NEW symptoms.
- Principal communicates often through SCHOOL MESSENGER AND SCHOOLOGY
- Teachers and Custodial support to keep classroom surfaces clean (indoor cleaning is our priority).
Here is what you can do at home:
- Follow all CDC guidelines on traveling
- Spring Clean all high traffic areas
- Reinforce all handwashing at home
- Keep child home from school if any of the above symptoms are present, this is an excused absence if symptoms exist
- ENSURE that you have SCHOOLOGY AND WE HAVE YOUR UPDATED PHONE & EMAIL INFORMATION
- Ensure that you have “notifications” turned on
- If you have not installed SCHOOLOGY , please email your classroom teacher and they can get you set up
Thank you so much for your ongoing support!
The JONAS SALK TEAM